This 8-minute video is my portion of a Ladies Prayer Breakfast held at my church on November 2, 2019. The theme was Matters of the Heart, and the key Scripture verse was Proverbs 4:23, which speaks of guarding our hearts.
Unfortunately, the phone video didn’t start in time to capture my first words, so here they are: “I’m going to speak to you today about Guarding Against Hard-Heartedness ….”
…especially when faced with growing pains. Because heart work is hard work.
I. Defining “Hardened Heart”
- A. Who can have this heart condition?
- B. Our Goal
II. Not ALL of Life’s Negatives Are Meant to Be Resisted
- A. God is at Work–Isaiah 48:10
- B. A Positive Purpose–1 Peter 1:6-7 (read from a 1984 NIV) & Ecclesiastes 7:2-4
III. The Antithesis to Hard-Heartedness Against Growing Pains
- A. Pause Before You Rebuke Difficulty
- B. Your New Mindset Verse–Psalm 119:71
“Heart work is hard work.”–DRC
Thanks for watching and reading!