My cat joins me as I show my current flexibility and talk about choices and their consequences, especially since I probably didn’t make a good one recently!
Video Segments and Times
- Introduction 00:00-02:08 (2:08 minutes)
- Range of Motion Review 02:09-05:09 (3 minutes)
- Spiritual Lesson 05:10-28:35 (23:25 minutes)
Scriptures & Other Resources Used
- Hebrews 11:25–“He [Moses] chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin” (NIV).
- Romans 6:23 and James 1:15 tell us the long-lasting result/consequence of sin is death.
- Joshua 24:15–“…choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, …. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD” (NIV).
- Revelation 2:10b–“Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown” (NIV).
- Revelation 2:10a–“Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth” (NIV).
- Luke 9:23–“Then he said to them all: ‘Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me'” (NIV).
- Galatians 6:7-9 is where Paul tells us we will reap what we have sown. Notice his positive emphasis on this in verse 9!
- 1 John 1:9 tells us what to do when we’ve made a bad choice.
- “Pray for a crop failure!” is a statement I heard John Ettore say when preaching, but I don’t know for sure if it is original with him or if he was quoting someone else.
- The analogy of planting one kernel of corn/making that first choice to change and how it gets easier is one I remember my dad preaching years ago.
Thanks for watching/reading!
Scripture quotations marked (NIV) are taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®. Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission of Zondervan. All rights reserved worldwide. http://www.zondervan.com The “NIV” and “New International Version” are trademarks registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office by Biblica, Inc.™